Cynthia’s Food is mainly Fresh and Organic. She prepares everything every single day (salsas, dressings, soups, breads, all the preps) and tries to do everything homemade and from scratch. She uses organic not only because it is healthier, but it is also tastier. Cynthia is a food lover and for her it is all about fresh and great flavour. In her restaurant, at Lunch time you will find salads, wraps, sandwiches, paninis, burgers and of course their famous fries! At Dinner she serves great entrees such as steaks, chicken, fresh fish, pastas and her well known raviolis. All Dinner Entrees include house garden salad and homemade focaccia. Cynthia loves any expression of Art and supports this by having local musicians playing at the restaurant. She invites you to check Jose Cue Expo (watercolor & acrilic) this December 14th at the restaurant from 6 to 9 pm. Restaurant Hours are Monday through Saturday from 11:30am to 9:00pm, Sundays is closed. Cynthia Restaurant is Located at Plaza Caracol behind Mega & the Hyatt Place. Enjoy her favourite recipe!
Recipe: Mini Caprese Empanadas (Pastries). Great for formal or casual events Ingredients:
* A small box of organic cherry tomatoes
* One goat cheese bar
* Organic basil leaves (fresh)
* Fresh chopped herbs (rosemary; thyme, oregano) * Puff pastry dough (1 lb)
* One fresh farm egg
* 1 bar of real butter
1. Make small goat cheese balls with your hands and role them over a bed of your fresh chopped herbs.
2. Extend your puff pastry dough adding enough flour to avoid sticky pieces. Cut it in circles as big as the palm of your hand.
3. Put in the middle of each circle a little ball of your herb goat cheese, a cherry tomato cut in half and a leaf of basil. Repeat this on every pastry circle.
4. Close each pastry circle by spreading some of the egg (beaten) just on the shore of your circle and close them using a fork.
5. Melt the butter bar in a bowl, spread some on a baking tray.
6. Put the stuffed pastries on the tray and use the rest of the butter for the top of each pastry.
7. Bake only 10 to 15 minutes and serve warm.